Saturday, October 13, 2012

Weird experience -Friday, Oct 12
Yesterday, I had a really weird experience.  My doorbell rang, which was strange because I do not really get visitors and I was not expecting anyone.  I look through the peep hole and see 3 men standing at my door and one of them asked to open the door.  I said no and asked them who they were.  They said they were the police. I got really scared and wondered why the police are at my door.  I stupidly open the door because I do not want to break any Malaysian laws.  One of the men ask if me if my apartment number was 5-1.  My answer was yes, but I did not understand what they wanted with me.  Luckily one of the apartment staff arrived and asked the men what they wanted.  They said that they were looking for an Africa man in 5-1.  The apartment staff says to them there are 2 towers, and they were at the wrong apartment.  The men apologized to me and left to go the other tower.  I was relieved but a little shaken because I don't want to go to jail in a foreign country, actually in any country.  The only thing that is keeping me going right now is that I know I will be leaving Malaysia on October 21st and that means that I will be leaving Asia 10 days after that.  I will be back in the US in 20 days:-)))).  I am hoping that I will not have to leave the US before January 2013.

Saturday, Oct 13
I went to Mailboxes, Etc. today and sent 1/2 of my belongings home.  I was told that my box should arrive at my home on Wednesday, October 17th because it was being sent by DHL.  I hope that is true because when I mailed a box home from Thailand, it took almost 2 1/2 months to arrive.  I think the box from Thailand was sent by ship.

20 days and counting,
Chae

2 comments:

  1. Chae, YOU KNOW BETTER! don't be opening doors for strange men. Other than that, you have had an awesome experience; but I know you can't wait to come home, are you counting the days?
    Take Care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polar Bear,
      I know I was stupid. I have 12 days now.

      Delete