Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello Everyone,

As I stated on my last blog, I am living in Mont Kiara, Malaysia.  It is a suburb of Kuala Lumpur.  Malaysia reminds me a lot of the US because it is such a diverse country.  The landscape is beautiful there are trees and flowers everywhere.  My allergies are in full force. 

There are a million malls here just like in Thailand; of course I have tried my best to go to as many of them as possible. I have even been shopping in the PETRONAS towers I have to say, I have taken shopping to a new level:-))).  The PETRONAS Towers are beautiful.  No, I have not been up to the top, and I never will.  I have a fear of heightsL.

I have not tried too much of the food here.  I am sure the food has beautiful flavor, but I am really tired of trying different food.  I just want American food.

I found a really good salon that could manage to do my hair very well.  My friends that know me know that is a big deal.  It is really a cool salon.  They use shampoo that requires just a few sprays of water, so you do go to the shampoo bowl until they are ready to rinse your hair.  While they are shampooing your hair, they give you a head massage.  OMG!!!  I think I will go to the salon today.  The cost of this service is only $15 dollars.  The only problem is that they do not have pedicure chairs just like in China.  They use buckets to soak your feet.  I think I will wait until I go back to Thailand before I get another pedicure.

When I arrived in Malaysia, I went to a beautiful modern apartment.  It was small but pretty, but it had major problems.  To start with, there was no hot water in the entire apartment.   OK, I had to flip a switch to turn on the hot water; however, the hot water never came the first day.  I could not take a shower without hot water.  Luckily for me and my colleagues, the next day I had hot water in the shower; however, I did not have hot water in the bathroom and kitchen sink.  I found out that they did not build the bathroom and kitchen sink to ever have hot water. I was told that is very common here in Malaysia to not have hot water in the sinks.  I took out my toaster, there was no handle on the toaster to start it.  The washer was outside in a closet on the balcony. I turned on the washer and the water started to come out of the back of the washer.  The washer had never been hooked up.  The ironing board was only about 3 1/2 feet high.  The iron was basically low, medium and high, no steam.  I only stayed in this apartment 1 week.  It goes to show that looks can be deceiving.

I have moved into another apartment it is better, but it still has its problems.  I will tell you about it on another post.

I hope you like the pictures.  SamLow I have a special one for you:-).

Until next time.
Chae
My first apartment

Cleaning hose in the bathroom - SamLow just for you:-)


View from my 1st apartment

View from my 2nd apartment

View from my 2nd apartment - On a clear day this is beautiful!

View from my 2nd apartment

View from my 2nd apartment


Pool at my 2nd apartment

Bird bathing in the pool next day


View from my 2nd apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment